Monday, March 26, 2012

Indie Monday with Melissa Stevens

                                                            Change by  Melissa Stevens 

(Overview)
A sudden life threatening injury turns Nickie’s world on its ear, but not in a way she ever would have predicted. Nickie finds out that not only do shape-shifters exist, but she is one. The Kitsune are a race of shape-shifters that have been living in secret alongside humans for centuries. As Nickie struggles to master her newly discovered shape-shifting and the abilities it brings her, she learns that some of the people in her life are far more than she knew.  Can Nickie handle all the changes headed her way on her own? Or does she have someone who can help her?


(Interview)


Today we have with us Melissa Stevens author of Change.

Can you tell us a little bit about your book’s?

Change is the beginning of a series, it's where we first meet Nickie. We follow her through discovering that shapeshifters exist and she is one and how she handles dealing with the changes that brings into her life.
Escape is an erotic short story set in the same world, but not a part of the series. It's just another glimpse into the world of the Kitsune.  

What led you to self-publishing?

Simply put? Control. If I were to sign with a large publisher (and I'm not saying I won't in the future, I'm keeping my options open here) I would have to give up a lot. Including being certain of keeping my title and the ability to approve a cover. I didn't want to do that, at least not at this point.

What has been the biggest challenge in your writing/publishing life so far?
Family. It's not so simple to manage balancing my kids and my writing. They really don't understand if dinner's late because things were going really great while writing. 

How do you manage your writing day? Do you write full time?  
I have a daily word goal, sometimes that goal takes under an hour, sometimes it takes all day. But I do easily 90% of my writing while my kids are at school. Full time? It depends on how you look at it. I don't have another paying job, but I'm a stay a home mom, and we know that can be a full time job in itself. 


Is there anything else you'd like us to know? 

Actually, yes. I'm well on my way with Fight the sequel to Change. I'm hoping to have it published by the end of the summer.

  I'd like to thank Melissa for being a part of our Indie Monday and for letting me Interview her! You can find Change at B&N, Amazon, Smashwords & Ibooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Street Team's